Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Eff you, Facebook promoters!!!

Dear Promoters:




Before I begin, I would like to let you know that the words on this note DO express my personal views/thoughts. I also disclaim giving a damn at this point. If it offends you, it should. Am I angry? No. Just a bit...er um...tired. Shall we begin? Lets go!





So, you go to sleep on a Tuesday night and your phone rings. Its Pizza Hut. "Hey, _______ I heard you'll be hungry on Saturday. Would you like to come in to this resturant called Pizza Hut?" You are wondering why they called you seeing as its pretty well known in the area....in fact, it makes you not want to go because they seem desperate and business must be.....WAIT, its only TUESDAY!!!! WHY ARE THEY CALLING YOU FOR SATURDAY!?!??!

The next morning, you log in your FB and you see 23902320 messages about events that are (should be known about already) like Saturday........Promoting for well known places like LOVE, FUR, Republic...and (Refer to first paragraph) in fact, it makes you not want to go because they seem desperate and business must be.....WAIT, its only TUESDAY!!!! WHY ARE THEY MESSAGING YOU FOR SATURDAY!?!??! I used to be like, hey thats annoying...but now I effin LOATHE most of the promoters I know. Frankly, some I know and I still dont give a damn - I'm about to delete them. SO to all the promoters here are some guidelines/rules you should abide by:

1. Stop mass messaging/inviting. You'd get further inviting 20 people PERSONALLY vs carelessly SPAMMING your "Friend" list.

2. There is such thing as over-promotion. If you are going to do something, research it and do it right.

3. If you have a team...be on one MF'in page. Don't have Jay send me something at 2, Connie send me something at 8 and Ted sending me something at 11. OMG You all are so annoying and I hate you all....

4. (In reference to the top paragraphs) Stop begging people to come out to places. If people want to go out. They will either: Go where they want or ASK YOU to put them on. They know who you are so stop looking desperate. PEOPLE KNOW WHAT PIZZA HUT IS!!!!! IF THEY WANT PIZZA IT MAY BE MOTHEREFFING PAPA JOHNS SO GET OFF MY BACK!!!!

5. I personally want most of you to fail at this and give up so that FB can be a great place.

6. Get rid of our emails.

7. For once, use the BC function on your emails if you ARE going to use it.

8. If you own a company, invest in radio promotion or other mediums VS badgering your "clients"

9. Think of us as clients...not numbers

10. Do you really have to make groups AND events on here?...

11. People don't really even club anymore, they want a personal experience. Bars and lounges....let me know what bar is poppin and we MAY go.


Ok ok, I'm leaving the floor open to you all..This note is not directed to Jusus Da Bridge and Deja Vu. The rest of you annoying promoters, I can't call it. You probably need to think of a better way to get your events poppin'. I could always forget someone in that list but my advice to you is NOT to defend yourself on this note...I will fry the living hell out of you, specifically and publicly and chances are, people will agree...I ain't playin and this is my warning. Take it with salt and move on.

LX is officially done with promoter rants....PLEASE ...SPEAK YOUR MIND! DONT HOLD BACK this is the time for them to see that they suck and its not just me that feels this way!!!!


aannnnd GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment